Protein Meal for Horses
Protein Meal for Horses and Performance Horses
As the meal has a high oil and fibre content it is an ideal supplement for horses on dry pastures.
Working horses will only require a small amount in conjunction with other high energy feed stuffs while breeding and growing horses can be fed up to half a kilogram per head per day.
Protein Meal is a by-product of the grain ethanol distillery industry. It is predominantly made up of sorghum, barley & wheat. The objective during the milling process is to remove as much starch from the grain.
Benefits to Horses
- Cattle King Protein Meal has high energy levels (12mj/kg) and high protein (22-25%)
- On pasture, protein meals will convert into extra gain much more efficiently than grain based rations.
- Protein Meal is unique, it contains very little starch (7%). It may reduce the occurrence of Equine Metabolic Diseases (tying up, laminitis, colic) & Genetic Muscle Disorders (PPSM).
- Feeding Protein Meal will help maintain a healthy gut & a normal insulin metabolism.
- It is a quality feed that has been fed to horses for over 15 years.
- This product is excellent for all classes of horses, from performance horses, pony club, breeding & stud & young horses.
For best performance limit the intake of Cattle King Protein Meal to 1 kg per day for paddocked horses, up to 2kg per day for performance horses, stud & broodmares. Cattle King Protein Meal can also be included as part of a custom ration, in a feed mixed with chaff &/or other grains & mineral concentrates or on its own. It should be gradually introduced over a period of 2 weeks.
If feeding more than 1kg’s a day, it is more beneficial to split into 2 or more feeds.
Please ensure there is always fresh drinking water available.
Protein meal is available in 30kg bags, tonne bags or loose bulk.
Click here to find your local Protein Meal Distributor.